CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
2013 Exhibition Season (June to September)
Blink is currently accepting submissions for another active and engaging
season. Exhibitions are one to two weeks in length and feature the work
of member and guest artists. Blink is a non-profit, Ottawa-based artist
collective that supports professional contemporary artists with an interest
in exploration. Emphasis is placed on using the gallery space as a laboratory
for creative approaches and interventions.
Artists working in all disciplines are encouraged to apply. Submissions
of curated and group exhibitions are strongly encouraged. Artists from
outside the Ottawa area are welcome to submit however Blink does not cover
transportation, accommodation or other exhibition-related costs.
All submissions are juried by Blink. Successful candidates are invited
to exhibit at no charge, but are expected to arrange their own openings
and gallery-sit for the duration of their exhibition. Each exhibit opens
with a Thursday evening vernissage and runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday
afternoons. Blink will provide a card listing the exhibition schedule
for the season.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 31, 2013
Submissions must be postmarked on or before the deadline
- non-refundable $25 application fee (cheques only)
- 10 images on CD: submit JPEG files max. 768 pixels high x 1024 pixels
wide (Group submissions: include 10 images total of work by all artists
involved in proposed exhibit)
- image list
- project/exhibition proposal statement (max. 500 words)
- artist statement (max. 500 words) (Group submissions: include brief
statement for all artists in proposed exhibit)
- CV/bio (Group submissions: include CV/bio for all artists in proposed
- contact information: email & mailing addresses (Group submissions:
include information for ONE primary contact person)
- specify if you prefer a one or two week exhibit
- (optional) additional support material (no originals please)
- (optional) self-addressed stamped envelope if you would like your submission
MAILING ADDRESS FOR SUBMISSIONS:
P.O. Box 53070
Rideau Centre Postal Outlet
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Download Blink Gallery floor plan here.
FOR NEW MEMBERS
Blink Collective is seeking new members.
Blink Collective is currently expanding. We are looking for Ottawa based
artists who would like to get involved.
Blink is a non-profit collective committed to creating visual art, facilitating
exhibitions and supporting professional contemporary artists. Operating
seasonally from Header House in Major’s Hill Park, Blink Gallery
is a small space for generating big ideas.
Please include the following with your submission:
1. Blink Application Form – available
here. Please print, complete and attach.
2. Letter of Intent – one page, 500 words maximum. Tell us (briefly!)
about yourself. What would you bring to the collective and what would
you hope to get from it? Describe, in your opinion, the advantages of
becoming a member of Blink Collective.
3. Artist Statement – one page, 500 words maximum. Describe your
4. CV or Artist Résumé – three pages maximum.
5. 10 digital images or video excerpts up to a maximum of 5 minutes
-Each image must be: a JPEG file; PC and Mac compatible; 1024 x 768 pixels
(height must not exceed 768 pixels); 1MB maximum.
-Videos must be viewable in Windows Media Player or QuickTime.
6. Image List – please print and complete chart provided in Application
Form (see item 1).
7. Additional catalogues, cards and other promotional materials will be
If you would like your materials to be returned, please attach a self-addressed
Email submissions will not be accepted.
Send your complete submission to:
Rideau Centre Outlet?
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 10, 2013 (*NOT a postmark deadline)
All applicants will be notified within 4 weeks of the deadline date.
Note: Blink members are required to pay a one-time membership fee.
If you have additional questions, please email: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the Blink Collective!